ABF is now offering new sampling method to detect Opportunistic Fungal Pathogens (OFP) for healthcare facilities, long-term care, immuno-compromised patients and pharmaceutical production facilities. The new Sporometrics agar-based method:
- Detects up to 16 OFPs to the species level including six Aspergillus species, Fusarium, Trichoderma, Dermatiaceous hyphomycete, Paecilomyces variotii, Phialemonium, Phaeoacremonium, Purpureocillium lilacinus, Scedosporium, Thermotolerant Zygomycete and Yeasts.
- Rapid 48-hr incubation period for quicker results.
- Developed by Medical Mycologists and fully validated.
- Excellent for detection where OFPs cause nosocomial infections.
- Designed for patients and individuals that are immune-suppressed, HIV positive, bone marrow transplant, on chemotherphy medication and organ transplant patients.
- Measures only viable OFPs.
- Limit of Detection of 1 CFU/m3.